Sunday, March 4, 2007

Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned.
~William Congreve

The tears began to fall before I could even hang up the phone; big ol' crocodile tears which quickly transformed into heaving sobs. It was the phone interview from hell and I had just barely survived.

I have been fortunate enough as of late to have a number of "positive prospects" in the works in terms of the grand ol' job search, but this one, this interview I had high hopes for. It was for an international women's organization -- on paper the perfect fit. Apparently, the ogres at this particular organization like to eat their own. My friends, it was not pretty.

The worst part about it is that it had nothing to do with me. I knew my shit before the interview and I know it now. I could have told her everything about rape as a weapon of war, female genital mutilation, female trafficking- ask me anything! The problem was this She-beast was a fucking bitch- a fucking bitch who clearly did not read my resume before she called.

I don't know why it hurt so much or why I was so upset-- I would never want to work with someone so blatantly rude and condescending, anyway. But her cruel words stung like a slap in the face, and after a very hard couple of weeks, I lost all faith in this awful fucking process, and that half-hour of hell catapulted me into a dark emotional hole that I have yet to find my way out of.

I have three words for that beast:

Your. Fucking. Loss.

3 comments:

Sara said...

What happened to you made me so furious. You're better off without that job anyway!

The Lady Doth Protest said...

Hey Lady,
Things will look up. My brother is having similar working problems. I have hope for you both. What is meant to be will be...those assholes didnt deserve you! >:( Also, lets drink and talk shit haha. XOXO - Melissa

Unknown said...

no one pushes erin around like that! i will break her!

ok...like that's believable. but i agree with melissa...the best i can do for you is drink and talk shit. it's what we do best lately. :)