Friday, May 16, 2008

You Made a Fool of Me

Her voice was in my apartment. I stared in disbelief at the cell phone across the couch. She was there, sweet, unfamiliar, and full of anticipation. And in that instant her voice somehow reached deep into my chest and ripped out my heart destroying everything I thought I knew to be true. Hot tears burned paths of betrayal down my cheeks. The absurdity of it all made me laugh, half hysterical, but then reality sunk in. I was nauseous and knew there was nothing I could do, nothing that would make this terrible reality, this unbearable pain disappear. Because her voice was in my apartment. So I sank to the floor and sobbed.

2 comments:

The Lady Doth Protest said...

write me an email...whore...i'll be at vfe all summer and need our constant stream of email communications.

I MISS YOU!

The Lady Doth Protest said...

write me an email...whore...i'll be at vfe all summer and need our constant stream of email communications.

I MISS YOU!