Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"I wanted only to live in accord with the promptings which came from my true self. Why was that so very difficult?"

I am a person who wakes up in the middle of the night worried about the state of the world. Who has tears over the world hunger crisis at 2am. Who has been accused of feeling too much.

I am a person who loves love. Who is intoxicated by chemistry, affection, and connections. Who relishes moments and whispers. Who doesn't remember dates but remembers expressions and favorites.

I am a person who fears settling in every sense of the word. Who embraces chaos as an absolute. Who runs from the ordinary as if its contagious.

I am a person who is quick to anger. Who has to work hard at forgiveness. Who has a stubborn streak that is both a gift and a curse.

I am a person who feeds off enthusiasm. Who is always searching for passion and inspiration. Who believes that optimism is the only way to live.

I am a person who questions life. Who is constantly aware of the passage of time. Who believes whole-heartedly that there is meaning in every moment.

No comments: